Dumping at Tangipahoa Parish Landfill for residents of the unincorated area, $28.56 per Ton for those living within municipality in the Parish. Weight is determined by weighing the vehicle going in and leaving. What to Bring: Household garbage , major appliances, large furniture, such as sofas and up to five used tires per vehicle. Tires will be accepted only from residents, not from businesses. Do not Bring: Acids, solvents, gases, paint, herbicides, pesticides, hazardous waste, anything liquid.
Tangipahoa Parish Environmental Services
57510 Hano Road,
8:00am to 5:00pm weekdays 8:00 to 12:00pm saturday
This landfill is permitted to accept the following types of wastes:
- Type II waste, defined as residential and commercial solid waste
- Type II asbestos which is defined as non-friable asbestos
- Type III waste which is defined as construction and demolition debris
Visitor Do’s and Don’ts
- be advised that during or after a heavy rain, conditions may not be favorable for disposing of waste.
- be aware that the active area is located at the top of a hill, and wet conditions may not allow for decent travel.
- be aware of large construction equipment operating in or around the area. Though our employees are instructed to yield the right of way to our customers, your attention and consideration would help in providing a safe working environment.
- observe and obey all posted signs. These are for your safety as well as others.
- allow children under the age of 13 years to venture outside of your vehicle.
- venture out across the active area or other parts of the landfill. Stay within 6 feet of your vehicle or trailer at all times.
- smoke once you enter the facility.