- Derrick Edwards #3 Democrat. candidate’s website
- John Schroder #7 Republican. candidate’s website
EARLY VOTING BEGINS NOVEMBER 3rd DUE TO VETERANS DAY
BATON ROUGE, La.—Secretary of State Tom Schedler is asking registered voters to note that early voting for the Nov. 18 Special Treasurer/Municipal General Election will begin FRIDAY, Nov. 3 due to the observance of Veterans Day next week.
“Because Friday, Nov. 10 is Veterans Day, which is a holiday recognized by the state, we must push early voting up one day to accommodate voters not losing a day to cast their ballot,” said Secretary Schedler.
All Louisianians eligible to vote in the Special/Municipal Election can begin early voting FRIDAY, NOV. 3 and continue through SATURDAY, NOV. 11 from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, excluding Sunday, Nov. 5 and Veterans Day, Friday, Nov. 10. Citizens who want to vote early may do so in person at their parish Registrar of Voters Office.
Important Nov. 18, 2017 Election Deadlines
Open General/Orleans Municipal Parochial General/Special General Election
The following is important information for the Nov. 18, 2017 Open General/Orleans Municipal Parochial General/Special General Election:
- The deadline to register to vote in person or by mail is Oct. 18.
- The deadline to register to vote through the GeauxVote Online Registration System is Oct. 28.
- Early voting is Nov. 3-11 (except Sunday, Nov. 5 and Veterans Day holiday, Friday, Nov. 10) from 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
- The deadline to request an absentee by mail ballot is Nov. 14 by 4:30 p.m. Voters can request an absentee by mail ballot online through our Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office (other than military and overseas voters).
- The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted mail ballot is Nov. 17 by 4:30 p.m. (other than military and overseas voters).
This is a sample ballot provided as a convenience to voters two weeks prior to an election
October 14, 2017 Parish Election Ballot
TANGIPAHOA Parish Sample Ballot for Election Date 10/14/2017